Two J’s Metalwork were asked to design and create a bespoke galvanised structural steel framework for a new cafe in Flimwell, East Sussex.
The gallery and café is located in East Sussex and brings new opportunities and activities for the local residents.
The galvanised structural steel frame will form a level framework raised above the ground. This will accommodate a concrete deck, creating the base for the gallery and café to be constructed upon.
This is a summary of the processes we have followed:
- Engineer drawings and calculations are transferred by our draughtsmen into steelwork drawings to suit design.
- Materials ordered – All of our connection plates our laser cut for precision.
- Our steel fabricators work from CAD drawings to bring the construction to life adhering to CE approval – BSEN 1090-1:2009+A1:2011 EXC 2.
- Steelwork is easily manoeuvred around the workshop using our forklift and crane hoists.
- For this contract the steelwork had to be galvanised. In this process each piece gets submerged in molten zinc to give it a shiny silver finish. This provides a lifetime warranty of the steelwork against the elements
- Once returned from the galvanisers the steelwork is collated with the hundreds of bolts required to assemble the steelwork on site.
- The complete weight of this job was 15 tonnes so it was delivered on a heavy haulage lorry. In this case there was a tower crane on site to unload. However we can provide a lorry with hiab lift as an alternative if needed.
In this case that was the end of the process for us as we didn’t install it but installation is also something we provide.
Here are a few of the photos we took for the structural steelwork as it was being organised for delivery:
No job is too small or large for us at Two J’s Metalwork. Our experienced staff can master anything from intricate gates to heavy-duty steel framework.
Can we help you?
If you have a requirement similar to this above project, then please get in touch. We work throughout Kent, Sussex, Surrey and South London creating bespoke steelwork frames for many different types of structure. Either call us on 01825 732782 or get in touch via email.