For this project, we were commissioned to produce heavy duty galvanised steel connections for an oak framed building.
Galvanised steel plates create a strong reinforcement between the connections of the oak framed building. The larger more complex sections will be fixed to the concrete to create a shoe for the oak post to stand on.
- Engineer drawings and calculations are transferred by our draughtsmen into steelwork drawings to suit design.
- Materials ordered – All of our connection plates our laser cut for precision.
- Our steel fabricators work from CAD drawings to bring the construction to life
- The connection plates need to withstand large force therefore the weld size was increased from a standard 6mm fillet weld to 8mm fillet welds. Complying with CE approval – BSEN 1090-1:2009+A1:2011 EXC 2
- Steelwork is easily manoeuvred around the workshop using our forklift and crane hoists.
- For this contract the steelwork had to be galvanised. In this process each piece gets submerged in molten zinc to give it a shiny silver finish. This provides a lifetime warranty of the steelwork against the elements
- We delivered this on a heavy haulage lorry. In this case there was a tower crane on site to unload but we can provide a lorry with hiab lift as an alternative.
For this contract, that was the end of the process for us as we didn’t install it however, installation is also something we provide.
Please see some of the images that were taken for this project. Please click on the images to enlarge them:
Can we help you?
If you have a requirement similar to this above project, then please get in touch. We work throughout Kent, Sussex, Surrey and South London creating bespoke steelwork frames for many different types of structure. Either call us on 01825 732782 or get in touch via email.